It’s an old debate over what happens in your classroom and also a comment on your efficacy as a teacher…”does humdrum ’teaching’ take place or does inspiring ‘learning’ happen.” You can undergo any amount of formal training and yet not have that special intuitive style that effortlessly stimulates learning among the students. To convey a concept in a manner that the other person can nod his head and say, “That i understand!” a teacher has to be able to link the matter to a reference that the pupils can relate to and comprehend. Teachers who manage to create such links just explain it better~~
Take this example…the brilliance of a Professor explaining Marketing Concepts to a class:
1. You see a Gorgeous Girl at a party. You go up to her and say: “I am very rich. Marry me!”
– That’s Direct Marketing.
2. You are at a party with a bunch of friends and see a Gorgeous Girl. One of your friends goes upto her and pointing at you says: “He’s very rich.Marry him!”
– That’s Advertising.
3. You are at a party and see a Gorgeous Girl. She walks up to you and says: “You are very rich! Can I marry you?”
– That’s Brand Recognition.
4. You see a Gorgeous Girl at a party. You go upto her and say: “I am very rich. Marry me!” She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.
– That’s Customer Feedback.
5. You see a Gorgeous Girl at a party. You go upto her and say: “I am very rich. Marry me!” And she introduces you to her husband.
– That’s Demand and Supply Gap.
6. You see a Gorgeous Girl at a party. You go upto her and before you say: “I m rich, Marry me!”, your wife arrives.
– That’s Restriction for Entering New Markets.
Can you think of a better way to explain?!!