This came to me as a WhatsApp-Happy-New-Year message from a friend. And since many herein would easily make the cut for my own ‘wish-list’ these suggestions needed to be incorporated into this new-year-mood-post!They say making resolutions for the new year is a neat trap ~ you know you are going to break most of them and then feel terrible about that fact for the rest of the year, yet you still go ahead and do it anyways! Hence what one needs to do is to lay out a ‘buffet spread’ of wishes for the coming days ~ you can pick and choose the ones you want to savour and relish.
So these are some ‘wish-dishes’ to add magic to life this year…
# Appetisers: (pick any 2)
* Getting up early (they say you can accomplish 30 % more during 5 am to 10 am)
* Exercising for at least for 30 minutes 4 times a week (no choice on this one!)
* Meditate /pray/ visualize positive things/ do yoga for 30 minutes every day.
# Entrée (pick any 5)
* Invest in the best clothes you can afford, along with good shoes (It has been proved, that better dressed people earn 15 % more-all things being equal)
* Outsource everything which is not your core competence. (Don’t waste time on improving your weakness!)
* Reduce mobile bills by 30 %. (Consider the fact that mobile phones are the biggest time wasters in most countries)
* Take one risky decision which you were always scared to take. (Who wants to die of boredom?)
* Train your brain to think creatively every day. Try to do different things to exercise your brain muscles ~ try a new style or color of clothes; go to new restaurants; visit a zoo; listen to different music; or just visit a toy shop to observe children buying toys!
# Dessert (pick all)
* Take 2 travel-vacations in a year or maybe more.
* Smile at everyone you meet. (Even at the liftman/cabbie/peon)
* Laugh often.
* Watch at least one movie in a cinema hall every month if not every week. (It is therapy for the soul)
* Read, read and then read some more…at least a book a month!
* Call at least five old friends, whom you have not spoken to for years.
* Remember you have only 52 weekends…enjoy each one of them and have an amazing year!